Cold Plasma Resurfacing and Rejuvenation (Fibroblast) – Customized Technique from South Korea
South Korean’s Cold Plasma Resurfacing & Rejuvenation is a non-laser treatment that helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, acne scars, rosacea, stretch marks and facial volume loss. This treatment slighlty differs from other cold plasma from other countries.
Plasma resurfacing can also be used to treat skin discolorations as well such as age spots and certain precancerous marks.
- Immediate tightening: the immediate contraction of collagen fibres reduces wrinkles and loose skin.
- Immediate shrinkage of damaged skin, giving the appearance of a ‘facelift’
- Reduction in acne scarring or individual scars.
- Skin laxity is noticeably improved.
- Textural improvement which removes pigmentation problems, reduces pore size, wrinkles, acne scars, and other textural irregularities.
- It is effective on skin lesions e.g. discolouration from sun damage and ageing.
- Softens fine lines and wrinkles.
- Removes age and sun spots.
- New collagen production for up to one year following treatment.
- Minimal discomfort with topical anaesthetic cream.
- Minimal downtime: typically 5 – 10 days in total. You can start washing your face after 24 hrs.
Cold Plasma Resurfacing & Rejuvenation
For individuals with fine lines and wrinkles, there are several non-invasive options available to erase the signs of aging. While laser resurfacing treatments are popular, cold plasma skin resurfacing can produce similar results with a shorter recovery period. Cold plasma skin resurfacing is different from laser treatments in that ultrahigh-frequency waves impart energy to a flow of inert nitrogen gas, penetrating deep into the epidermis, encouraging collagen production.
Cold plasma resurfacing does not cause the skin to immediately shed and exfoliate, but will begin to squamate 4-7 days after treatment. This allows the stratum corneum, the outermost layer of skin, to act as a bandage for the wounded skin underneath. Once the outer layer of damaged skin is exfoliated away, a new layer of skin will be revealed.
Collagen production will continue for several months, making the skin appear younger and plumper. Before treatment, the skin should be anesthetized with a topical numbing cream. The handpiece will be held over the treatment area, targeting uneven skin pigmentation, fine lines, and wrinkles. It is common for patients to feel a warm sensation throughout the duration of the treatment. Depending on the needs of the patient and the size of the treatment area, sessions will last up to 60 minutes. Final results are noticeable after 3 months with continuous improvement for up to 6 months after treatment.
The goal of plasma skin resurfacing is to rejuvenate skin by improving facial lines and wrinkles and skin pigmentation associated with photo-aging.
Cold Plasma treatment has been proven safe for the face, neck, chest, arms and hands. In fact it can be used on most parts of the skin that shows signs of sun damage, ageing or pigmentation.